Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good meeting!

          Ok so judging by the amount of texts, phone calls, and FB messages I've got I'm sure there are a lot of you wondering how it went last night. It went very well. It was more of a disclosure meeting than I had originally thought, but it was good because we got a lot of information on the girls. I cannot share most of what we learned last night, nor will we share a lot of it once we are able. We think that a lot of it is personal to them and will be shared by them when/if they want to once they are older. So anyway I can't say much, but it went well and Josh and I are comfortable with everything we learned. We are excited and feel really good about it. Sounds like I may have my hands full though, they're both crawling and one of them is into everything! We didn't see a picture, which I'm kinda relieved about- I'm afraid if I did I'd feel bonded. Their social worker said that she just forgot it, but that they are adorable and we'd forget all the "difficult" things she told us if we saw them because they are so cute.
       They seem to be in an excellent foster home, we were told it's one of the best homes they have. Their foster mother is really willing to work a lot with the adoptive parents to get the transition smooth, that's a blessing. We were told she'd be happy to talk to us about anything we need if we were to proceed.
        We asked when placement would be we were told because of court dates it wouldn't be until September, but they wanted visitation with the twins and the family before then. I told Josh if we're picked, it'd be once a week until placement if they let us.
        So that's it. She is meeting with the other two families today and then will got back down and meet with another social worker and her Supervisor and they'll pick a family. I don't know when that'll be, hopefully soon, but I kinda doubt it.
         I am so thankful that so many of you were thinking of us and praying for us yesterday. It really means a lot to us that so many people are praying for us. Thank you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment!