Friday, May 27, 2011

Twins ?!?

       Yes I meant to type that up there. TWINS. Yesterday while still in Legoland I got a call from our social worker saying she had a child to present. A child to present. Then she said "There are 7month old twin girls..." I'll be honest I got really excited....... Then a few hours later I got really nervous.
       A social worker from San Luis Obispo called our Agency asking if they had any families up in the Sacramento area that wold be interested in twin girls. She wants a family up here because she wants the family of the girls to keep contact with their older brothers and the birth Father, who all live in the Sacramento area. The birth Father has custody of the full blood brother, but cannot take the twins. Then a family friend has a half brother and is in concurrent planning (she will be adopting him).
      So our social worker was calling us to let us know details and ask if we'd be interested is having our profile submitted. This is right now considered a "high risk" placement because there has not been a Termination of Parental Rights hearing date set yet, and our agency likes to have that set before proceeding with placement. There is a court date set June 8th and their social worker is going to be asking the Judge to terminate services and visitation (the birth mother has had visitation rights but has missed the past few). Their social worker of course thinks this will happen but there is no guarantee that the Judge will do this. There are more things that I won't get into that make it a little complicated, but nothing that we don't think we can handle. So we told her to submit our profile to their social worker, and she said she would e-mail it today.
      Their social worker wants to have a disclosure meeting with the prospective adoptive parents, and well as a visit with the girls before the June 8th court date. So we should hear fairly quickly, if we've been picked. I don't know how many agencies their social worker called, but we could be getting picked from a fairly small pool. Hopefully we'll hear if we another family is picked.
      We have a lot going on in the next few months, so it may not be great timing, but we are confident that if it's meant to be it'll all work out. I'm excited and nervous about getting twins, especially because it could move very quickly because of their age. I'm more excited than I have been before, so if we aren't picked I hope I am not too disappointed. I am so glad that I can trust the Lord and His perfect will, and that it is completely in his hands. We'd love it if you'd pray for us. All I can think about today is twin girls. This will be a long weekend......
     



5 comments:

  1. OMGosh Jenn, This is very exciting!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Twins is alot of work but I know you can handle it!!! I would love to share stories and answer questions for you!!!! Seven months old was one of my favorite ages with my girls!! I can't wait to see if you get to welcome you baby girls!! please keep us posted!! Congrats again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twins!!! One For Tracy and One for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I am so excited about this prospect for your family! We have been praying for you, and it's good to know that you will probably be in a smaller pool and that you should hear rather quickly! Love you guys and we know God has this in his hands, I'm just hoping that God wants you two to be these twins' parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, I though of you yesterday and how I would need to talk to you if we got the twins. I would need all the advice I could get! Oh boy. We'll see what happens. I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I loved reading this and will pray for this whole situation to be a joyous one filled with abundant life and blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment!