Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday meetings

          Today is the first Thursday of the month. I wish I hadn't remembered that last night, it's all I've thought about all day. Why you might ask? There are monthly meetings the first and second Thursdays of the month where social workers present their children that have newly come available for adoption. If within the month there have been court proceedings to move ahead with adoption, and an adoptive home has not been found, they will show these children's profiles to social workers that are helping families find children. Because we are looking to add a little girl into our family, and so are a lot of other families, most likely we would be contacted about her as soon as she become available for adoption. But if it was a sibling set of two girls, there would  be a better chance a family wouldn't be found right away and we could receive a call. Anyway all this to say, it is unlikely that we would hear about a little girl this way (although that's how we heard about the one last month). Still the first couple Thursdays of the month, I wonder and I keep my phone close. No call yet today.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment!