Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Somebody wants US!

           This is super exciting. For those of you who have read my posts, you may remember when I wrote about how children could be placed with us in this post; What is foster Adoption? . One of the ways being that a child's social worker would see our profile and call about us. Well yesterday that happened! They want us specifically to come and have a meeting about two little girls. The girls are sisters, 2 years old and 6 months old. They are healthy, and have no apparent delays. We got the call late last night from our social worker who wanted us to have an answer about if we are interested by this morning. It's a little stressful to have 12 hours to think about something that will change your life. But it actually was a quick decision for us. I called her and said yes we'd like to meet with the worker and have a disclosure meeting. So she will call the girls worker and see when she wants to meet. I'm really hoping it is this week, even though I do have a busy week. It would just be nice to have answers quickly. We are in awe that our profile was picked and we were called on. It's kinda nice to be wanted :). The legal side could be a hang up though, as the parents are contesting the termination of visitation. They have not been involved up to this point or even shown up for their evaluations to determine if they are fit to parent. So we need to find out when that court date is to hear that, and then after that they would set the date to terminate parental rights. So we are praying that God would be leading us in this, that it just wouldn't be us walking into something with just our emotions, and that we'd be open to whatever He's leading us to do. Thank you all who are encouraging us and praying for us. I will update you when I hear! Pretty exciting stuff around here!

2 comments:

  1. SUPER EXCITING!!! Praying for you still. If this is not the right place, then i pray you will not have heavy hearts.
    Can't wait to hear more! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't contain my excitement! and a friend for jack AND claire, BONUS! I hope it works out, praying for you. -Nicole

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment!