Monday, August 1, 2011

Can I get a plan?

        Josh and I went out on a date for our anniversary the other night (11 years! WOW) and I noticed that while we weren't really talking about the kids (we were after all trying to enjoy a date) there was a phrase that kept coming up. Then I thought about it and I realized it's actually in almost every conversation we have right now. Seriously nearly every conversation has this phrase in it.  "If we get the twins". Not only is it on both our minds, but it's really hard to try to plan the next 2 months of our lives with out questioning what it will hold. So we're looking forward to hearing from the social worker....whenever that may be. Hopefully by the end of next week. And put at least that question to rest, and we won't have to start or end our conversations with it. And we can plan a little. Although it could bring more questions, like "When we go to see the twins", "Depending on when we get the twins" and "After the court date". So we're still living a big question right now. I think it's the season of our life we're in. At least I know there is a plan. " 'For I know the plans I have for you' declares the Lord" (Jeremiah 29:11). I'm so glad. This time it's not my plan, it's His. I'm just enjoying the ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment!