Monday, May 30, 2011

Emotions

    Wow, I can't believe it's only Monday. I've been through so many emotions the past 4 days, it seems like 4 weeks! When we got the call Thursday about the twins I was SO excited. Then on our 10+ hour drive home I got to think a lot about having twins. Not just now when they are babies, but ten even fifteen years from now! And I got really nervous. Still excited, but nervous and overwhelmed as well.
     Then friday all I could think about was how I would do things with twins. How would I go to the store, get the boys to school, handle things while Josh is at work? Again overwhelmed, but strangely also excited about the possibility (and challenge?!) of it all. I had already thought about how things may go when we add one more, but now I had to think about two. And two the same age, babies now. I thought of the fun things; two set of clothes and dresses, the hair bows, having two babies (I love babies), the joy of two more kiddos! Then I thought about what could be hard; two babies adjusting to a new home, twice the diapers, two babies crying, two little ones crawling around, 2x the work of our two already! And strangely I got even more excited.
      But there's a good chance we won't even get a call. So while I feel I need to prepare myself for the possibility of twins, I also need to prepared not to get a call. Not to be arranging my whole life soon. It's so hard to try to prepare your self for a total life change, while also preparing myself for nothing. The past few little ones we heard about I was able to keep it in check, and to not get too "attached". This time though I really have my heart set on it. So I am nervous, and stressed. What if we get a call? What if we don't?
      I'm glad today is a holiday and I don't have to wonder whats going on. But tomorrow? I think I'll be a wreck. I'm going to have to try to stay busy and distracted.
      So if you read this please pray for me. Like I told Josh yesterday, I really want the twins. But I'm trying to remember that God has a perfect plan and I want to be content with whatever that is. Really guys, I'm a mess of emotions and I can use all the prayer I can get. Thank you. I told you this was going to be quite a journey! Hang on it's going to be an interesting week.



2 comments:

  1. thinking of you today Jenn and keeping you in my prayers <3

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. At times like this Jenn you are Back to being my Sweet little Jennifers Baby. Not the Wonder, Strong,Loving Mom and Wife you are. Your my baby and all I want to do is Hold and rock you back and forth till your claim and smiling!!
    I Love you Jenn! You are strong in my prayers for you today!!! HUGS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment!