Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Next step tomorrow

       So tomorrow morning 9am is the hearing to (hopefully) terminate parental rights for the girls. Their birth parents have a right to be there and they can also contest the decision to terminate rights. This would mean that a hearing date would be set up a few weeks from now where they would try to present new information to not have their rights terminated. Because of the legal steps and the case up to this point I can confidently say that there is no change with them, and there would be no new information. However this would just delay the process and some parents do it just for that, and as an act of control or desperation. Because of the case history we are confident that rights will be terminated at some point, and we do not want to have to wait out a lengthy court process. So we have been praying that the parents do not show up and they do not contest the ruling. Will you join us with that night and tomorrow? And also that one of the girl's social workers would let me know ASAP what happened? I could go but as I have already met birth mom I do not want it to cause a scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment!