Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter dresses and Hot Wheels

           I was reminded last week that when our home study was approved I wondered aloud to a few people "I wonder if I'll be buying an Easter dress?". I even picked out a few favorites in case I needed to run out and get one. And I didn't buy my boys Easter shirts right way, like I normally do, so I could match the "just in case" dress if I needed. Then I forgot about it. Life got busy and I forgot I  had said it. Until I was reminded, and I thought it was so funny that I had forgotten! It was such a big hope for me at the time I said it, and I'm not as disappointed as I would have thought. I know there will be another huge selection of Easter dresses next year, and the year after. So this year I bought whatever plaid shirts I wanted, and Hot Wheel tracks for my boys Easter baskets. Maybe next year "baby sister" will be here and we'll match outfits and worry about what's in the eggs. But this year I am thankful for my beautiful boys, the process that we're going through, and the peace I feel. And more importantly the sacrifice of my Savior we will celebrate this weekend. We're taking the boys to Good Friday service at church tonight, and a good Friday it is.
Happy Easter. He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment!