Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Welcome!

       As long as I can remember I've viewed adoption as a beautiful thing. My family has been blessed through adoption, so since childhood it has always been a normal part of my life. I was raised knowing that babies come to parents in different ways, but are loved the same. When my husband and I talked about kids when we were dating, adoption was talked about as something we would like to do. It has always been on my heart. After I gave birth to my first son I knew that I wanted more kids-and I knew I wanted to adopt. Baby #2 was also a boy, and it felt as though God's plan may be for us to adopt. We decide that we were done "making" babies and if/when we decided we wanted more, we would add to our family through adoption.
      So last Fathers Day when I was going through an old box we had found in our shed and saw my childhood jewelry box the question I asked my husband wasn't as random as it may seem to most -"Babe, are we going to adopt a little girl?". And so began a conversation that would last months and change our lives forever.As you know by now, yes we are going to adopt a little girl. Or we are trying. It seems a simple thing- you want a baby, you find an agency, and you adopt a baby. Right? Not so fast. There are a few different kinds of adoption and you first need to find one right for you. We prayed about it and decided God was leading us to foster-adopt. So then we found an agency and started the long process of applying and interviewing. I plan on going into more detail on Foster-adoption and the process we went through in future posts so stay tuned!
       I'm going to be writing about our journey, the process and the emotions that go with it. Please walk with us through it. I want to archive our journey and share it with others. My hope is also to encourage and comfort those also going through the adoption process, and maybe even inspire some of you to adopt! I can already tell it's going to be be a beautiful journey, thanks for coming along, I hope you enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment!