Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Prayer requests for the twins

         So I'm just going to get right down to it.  I got a call from our social worker this morning, saying that she had a message yesterday from the twins social worker, and that she hasn't picked a family yet but she would soon, and we are one of the ones she is looking at. Our social worker was making sure we were still interested and ok with the contact with the siblings. Also for those of you that don't know, Josh is going on a mission trip here soon and will be gone a little while. So she was also telling me that we needed to decide if Josh will be going or not because there is a chance the the twins social worker will want to get things done while he is gone; and if he is gone we as a family cannot move forward so that would put us out, if the social worker did not want to work around us. Josh is going on this trip, we wouldn't even consider him not going and I told her that. I did ask her to make sure their worker knew that we would be available up until he left and right after. So please please be praying for us, that the news of Josh's trip would not effect the workers decision to pick us. And that she'd be willing to work around the dates. There is a real good possibility that when she hears about Josh's trip she will no longer want to consider us. Because of timing and the complications that it will cause. We know that God had all of this planned and that He knows the timing, and we are trusting Him. Pray for me that I would not be worrying about this, that I can peacefully trust in Gods timing. I'm processing all this new information and I want to make sure don't let myself get anxious. What a morning. I would really appreciate all your prayers on this, thank you so much.



2 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys! That is a lot all in one morning! I am praying for God's hand to be over your family, this situation, the twins, and the trip to PNG. I am praying for his peace and rest over you and Josh, and that this trip will not affect the social worker's decision, and that she would make her decision quickly! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenn, that is a hard place to be in. However, it sounds like you and Josh are right where God wants you (dependent on Him) and your attitude is great! I will continue to pray He will guide your EVERY step in this process and NOT let Satan get you in your weak moments!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment!